PUMA Energy Malawi Limited, a leading supplier of Petroleum Products in Malawi is urgently inviting applications for the position of Accountant.
Reporting to the Chief Accountant, this role will be utilising technical accounting expertise to provide the following support
- Coordination of monthly, quarterly and annual closing activities
- Monthly balance sheet and Income Statement Analysis and Reconciliation
- Inter-company transactions and reconciliations
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with IFRS and compliance to internal policies • Interface with management in various departments
- Maintain general ledger accounts and prepare journal entries for accruals and variances
- Co-ordinate internal and external audits
- Assist in tax preparation and filing activities
The Person Must have;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or its equivalent.
- ACCA/CIMA professional qualifications would be an added advantage
- Strong technical accounting background.
- At least five years general ledger accounting experience is required.
- Strong Excel and database skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Team player and have ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively across all levels of the organization.
All interested persons who meet the above requirements should send their applications together with their detailed Curriculum Vitae not later than Friday, 28th July 2017.
The Human Resources Manager,
PUMA Energy Malawi Limited,
P.O. Box 469,
Only short-listed applicants will be acknowledged Envelopes should be clearly marked “Application for the Post of “Accountant”
“PUMA Energy Malawi Ltd is an equal opportunity employer”
Comment on advertised Job
Employment Type: Full-time
Job deadline: 28th July, 2017
Company: PUMA Energy Malawi Limited
Log in to apply