Solar is a proven off-grid energy technology in Malawi. However there has been very low penetration of solar in Malawi at a household level. Zuwa Energy is a Malawian company that imports, distribute and sells state of the art solar technology. Through our unique Pay As You Go technology, our customers are able to electrify their homes by paying for their systems in installments for up to 21 months. This can be done via cash or mobile money. The core business of Zuwa Energy is to provide our customers with affordable and clean solar energy to meet their everyday energy needs for household and business needs. We are a social business and as such, our impact is central to our organisation’s purpose.
Do you love technology? Do you believe you can become a part of the team and sell solar? Do you love working with data to make decisions? You can join the team as Accountant and Finance Manager (FAM). The FAM will be in charge of the company’s financial operations including managing treasurer and reporting. The FAM will work closely with other business units to drive the company to meet its business goals.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- ???To provide a leadership role in all aspects of the company’s financial operations and to manage Treasury functions.
- To provide accurate and timely financial information and reports to facilitate the decision making process and ensure success of the company.
- To oversee operation of Accounting Department, Reception, Payroll, Human Resources and Treasury operations.
- To ensure that adequate controls are in place, i.e. policies, procedures
- To provide monthly information and analysis to the senior Management Team
- To provide monthly, quarterly and biannual reporting, ensuring covenants are met.
- Be responsible for the annual budget process, provide monthly reviews, and implementing Business plans and other programs.
- To provide analysis of cash flow, operating costs and variances
- Stock management and distribution in liaison with S&M manager and PAYG Systems manager
- To manage our logistical requirements (transportation)
- 5+ years related experience in managing financials and accounting systems, standard cost accounting, budgeting and treasury functions
- Strong Leadership and supervisory skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- In depth knowledge of financial and integrated accounting systems
- Proficient in MS Office, with advanced excel skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Coordinate annual audit of the Company with external auditors, set and prioritize goals and objectives for direct reports and themselves
- Perform analysis on various company projects and plans and provide alternatives and recommendations
- Liaise with legal representation on corporate issues. Review of legal contracts as requested
- Establish and maintain relationship with banks and financial institutions.
- Ensure adequate insurance coverage is in place, thereby minimizing risks
- Review standard costs, including appropriate overhead allocations
- Periodic review of product margins and advise management as necessary
- Other tasks as assigned by the CEO
Required Knowledge, and Characteristics
- Highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Ability to coordinate the efforts of a diverse, high-performance team.
- Good skills in using internet services and social media
- Demonstrated effectiveness in holding conversations with customers, customer evangelism, and customer-focused product development and outreach.
- Experience working in a flexible, employee empowering work environment in a small to medium-sized company. Structured, departmentalized or large company experience will not work here.
- A Degree in Accountancy and or other Accounting qualifications (CPA, ACCA, CA etc) is a must. Valid registration with ICAM is mandatory.
*The above details the general principle functions of the job identified, and shall not be taken as an exhaustive description of all the work required in the job.
Email CV and motivation letter to:
by 15 January, 2018.
Zuwa Energy has a 60:40 women to men recruitment policy. Qualified Women and youths are strongly encouraged to apply
Comment on advertised Job
Employment Type: Full-time
Job deadline: 15th January, 2018
Company: Zuwa Energy Pty Limited
Log in to apply