Our client, a key player in the Local Banking and Financial services industry seeks to engage a self-driven, dynamic, versatile and highly innovative Malawian candidate for the vacant post of Accounts Relations Manager, Corporate and investment Banking (CIB).
The role is challenging yet exciting and require the services of a highly motivated, go getter who is excited about embracing modern banking technology and platforms towards delivering Top Class services to the Banks Target Clientele.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB), the successful candidate is expected to define execute strategic client plans that ensure the development of strong business relationships and delivery of profitable and integrated Bank`s products and services, with the purpose of ensuring client profitability, increased revenues and risk optimization.
She/he will be responsible for:
- Driving the Client Relationship with CIB by marketing for new customers, increasing share of wallet with existing customers and maintaining sound credit judgement;
- Alerting clients to wealth creation opportunities offered by the bank and expand share of wallet through cross selling across all product lines; and
- Developing long-standing relationships with corporate organizations/institutions by providing practical insights into their businesses, particularly with regard to account management.
The core responsibilities of the Accounts Relations Manager, Corporate and investment Banking are outlined below:
- Understand clearly the vision, mission, overall strategy, values and guiding principles of the Bank
- Proactively understand the Clients` strategic direction and long-term needs as well as the opportunities and threats to the Clients
- Develop and nurture strategic relationships with the Clients to ensure that the strategy and business objectives of the Client and the Bank are achieved
- Drive and role-model an exceptional client-orientated culture within Corporate and Investment Banking
- Continually recommend improvements and adaptations to existing systems, processes and structures in order to ensure current and future viability of Corporate and Investment banking
- Identify potential new business opportunities and consistently generate innovative ideas for implementing the new business opportunities
- Develop an intimate understanding of the clients` industry and business, analyze their modus operandi, management practices, market conditions affecting the long term viability of the business and industry sector and build networks with influential decision makers
- Utilize information Management systems and process to pre-empt selling opportunities and identify opportunities and threats to Clients and the Bank
- Effectively use the above mentioned knowledge to continually provide information to ensure that the products and services of the Bank meet the needs of the Client and stay abreast with world best-practice
- Consistently deliver high quality service delivery to all customers, internal & external
- Maintain confidentiality of customer information at all times
Client Profitability/Risk Management
- Monitor markets and pre-empt risk for both the Client and the Bank
- Manage credit and operational risk
- Proactive and timely identification of potential problem accounts and formulation of appropriate risk mitigating strategies
- Work closely with Head of Credit and Credit Managers to initiate business proposals for new facilities, or other risk, and motivate the deal with insightful information regarding business strengths and vulnerabilities
- Retain final sign-off on all credit facilities granted.
- Understand the implication of non/ substandard delivery of the role
- Ensure 100% availability of the service and sales support team
- Educate the Client in terms of the structure of Corporate and Investment Banking, Corporate Service and identifies the individuals accountable for the Client`s sales and service
- Identify barriers to business development that emanate from sales and service delivery dissatisfaction, and develops strategies to overcome those problems with the relevant members of the team and the Client
- Ensure that client confidence is supported by solid delivery of expected benefits, such as cost efficient finance, improved service standards
- Pipeline tracking and monitoring
- Ensure timely recovery of all portfolio revenues
- Fully accountable for the relationship with the Client, across all levels, which incorporates integrated and co-ordinating all contact between the Bank and the client.
- Identify a ?Champion? within the Clients` business and foster a relationship to ensure leading edge information about the Clients` business objectives, opportunities and threats.
- Establish credibility and overall profitability for the Bank and the Client by the skillful application of specialist knowledge to deal with diverse Client environments and provide qualified leads to relevant areas within the Bank e.g. Treasury, Trade Finance and Project/Structures Finance
- Appropriately balance technical input and marketing skill to address Client environment and needs
- Actively involve and seek specialist skills on specific products and product mix at the appropriate time and level in order to create solutions, which effectively satisfy Client needs
- Build relationships across all hierarchical levels within and outside the Bank in order to develop a credible and relevant network, to ensure leading edge financial and market information.
- Provide leadership to the sales support team in all work related aspects and ensure smooth flow of communication
- Empower and motivate the team and drive projects through to completion, resulting in consistently high performance and achievement
- Set goals and standards for direct report/s
- Evaluate and manage direct report/s in a fair and consistent manner to achieve high standards of competence, motivation and service orientation
- Attend to succession planning, in line with the Bank`s policies regarding flexible staffing and managing employee diversity
- Ensure that HR policies are adhered to
- Budget and target setting process of Corporate and Investment Banking and provide relevant and accurate input into this process
- Understand and confirm to the financial management processes and procedures of Corporate and Investment Banking
- Continually make suggestions to improve and adapt these processes for the benefit of Corporate and Investment Banking and the client Success.
Core Candidate Attributes
The ideal candidate should possess the following attributes:
- A Bachelor`s Degree preferably in Banking or Related discipline e.g. Business Administration, Finance or Economics
- A Master`s Degree would be an added advantage
- Banking-related Professional Qualifications (e.g. CFA, ACIB, etc)
Knowledge, expertise and personal Competencies
- Understanding of the relationships between the various entities involved: CIB, processing Centres, Credit, Risk, I.T, Operations Integrity and Branches
- Knowledge of bank financial services mechanisms and entire range of products and services applicable to the market served
- Knowledge of service standards and Code of Banking Practice
- Attendance of applicable FDH Bank training cources, e.g product knowledge, sales skills
- Appreciation of relationship management principles and practice
- Experience in high level management
- At least 5 years of work experience in a Corporate and Investment Bank set-up as either Product Manager (in direct contact with the customers) or Relationship Manager
- Credit management experience
- Conceptual understanding of strategic business plans and performance standards and trends
- Ability to apply business acumen technical financial skills
- Excellent oral communication skills; sincere and articulate
- Diplomatic and tolerant in relaying and receiving information
- Customer service-oriented, enjoys assisting others
- Resourceful, forward looking and persuasive
- Critical: Is able tom probe facts, identify disadvantages and challenge assumptions
- Results-oriented and committed to meeting turn-around times/deadlines
- Assertive: able to handle conflict and put forward ideas despite opposition
- Change oriented: enjioys doing new things; seeks variety and novelty, and accepts change
- High energy sensitive and empathetic to clients circumstances, processes a strong customer service drive
- Able to offer professional advice and foster good relationships between the bank and client
- Resilient and flexible to cope with change and maintain high performance levels in a pressuring and demanding context
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive and persuasive ? able to assist the Relationship Manager to market features and benefits of cmplex products to clients
Problem Solving, Planning and Decision Making Abilities
- Is able to ?dig? or ?press? clients for accurate information (i.e. history of clients? business and conduct of accounts, financial statements etc.) to analyse and use in making credit decisions at a basic level
- Analyse information and make judgements of a financial nature that requires analysis and interpretation of information
- Is able to apply knowledge and previous experience to handle resolve client queries
- Ability to understand and communicate both the bank`s and the customer`s positions/requirements to all parties.
How to apply
If you meet these requirements and are interested in taking up the challenge, we are ready for you. Urgently submit by email only your application letter, detailed curriculum vitae with names of at least three (3) traceable referees, and day telephone/mobile numbers before close of business on Monday, 18th June 2018, to the following address:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
Comment on advertised Job