The Elizabeth Glaser Paediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is a recognized global leader in the fight against HIV/AIDS. In its work to eliminate paediatric AIDS through research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs, EGPAF currently supports national, district, and local governments, facilities, communities, and non-governmental partners in 15 countries. EGPAF supports service provision for comprehensive HIV care, treatment and prevention programs, and health systems strengthening
EGPAF has worked in Malawi since 2001. Today, EGPAF Malawi implements evidence-based HIV prevention, care and treatment interventions in 151 health facilities in eight districts to achieve HIV epidemic control. EGPAF is supported by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief through the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (PEPFAR/CDC)
EGPAF seeks to fill the following open position
Title: Care & Treatment Officers
Location: Mwanza, Blantyre, Chiladzulu, Thyolo, Ntcheu, Neno, Mchinji
Reporting to: District Team Lead
The Care and Treatment Officer will provide direct service delivery at the facility level in the areas of HIV/PMTCT/TB management under the supervision of the District Team Lead. He/she will additionally lead and implement a innovations in terms of service delivery quality improvement in coordination with other facility staff.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with the HTS Focal Person and Provider to ensure PITC saturation in high yield sites at the facility level including Index testing.
- Lead the facility teams in the planning and organisation of innovative testing approaches including Male Friendly Services
- Collaborate with the TB officer and Facility teams to implement and supervise daily systematic TB screening initiatives in the OPD in collaboration.
- Coordinate and collaborate with MoH facility staff to ensure continuity and smooth running of HIV/TB services at the facility level
- Provide leadership in the implementation of Differentiated service delivery models at the facility
- Provide direct service delivery in the ART/PMTCT/TB clinic in the implementation of activities within the second and third 90s of the UNAIDS strategy. These include immediate initiation of clients on ART routine follow up of clients on ART management of clients with high Viral Load results and collaborating with community partners to improve retention,
- Promote HIV/TB integration activities, prevention, care and treatment services.
- Implement TB case detection strategies for adults and children at both the ART clinic, inpatient and outpatient departments at the facility level
- Implement and strengthen the use of appointment books and adherence support to all patients enrolled into care.
- In coordination with ART clerks and Linkage Nurse, generate the list of missed appointments and defaulters and effect client tracing activities with proper documentation
- Coach and mentor facility staff (clinician, nurse, expert clients) through the implementation of Quality improvement initiatives.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Participate in the writing of HTS and ART reports on monthly, quarterly intervals and other periodic reports related to PMTCT and Paediatric component as required by the EGPAF
- Provide timely facility critical updates and feedback on issues affecting direct service delivery
- Track the performance of key program indicators on a minimum of weekly basis through awareness of weekly targets or weekly updates with the facility team.
- Participate in the data collection, documentation and sharing of promising practices related to PMTCT EID and Pediatric HIV interventions.
- Represent EGPAF at the facility level in routine MOH meetings
- Participate and contribute in the facility clinical meetings, handover meetings.
- Stay current with national HIV TB, STI management guidelines and ensure that patients are managed properly and according to the standard protocol.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Interest and aptitude to engage with data and utilize data for decision making
- Organized and strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to use forms, tools, and interest to utilize software and digital platforms
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine
- More than 3 years of experience in HIV/TB management,
- Trained in ART management
- Registered with the relevant Registration bodies.
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AlDS Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals are welcome to apply. Interested qualified candidates should send their expressions of interest enclosing copies of their certificates and a detailed current Curriculum Vitae including names and contacts of at least three traceable referees, and indicating their availability to take up the position,
The Country Director
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
1st Floor, NEDBANK House, City Centre
P. O. Box 2543
Or email to:
Closing date: 15th December, 2017
Comment on advertised Job