CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER - MW,
RCS GRADE J
Reporting to the SSA Cluster CFO Lilongwe, Malawi.
IT’S NOT JUST AN OPPORTUNITY TO GET ON THE CAREER LADDER.
IT’S AN OPPORTUNITY TO HELP THE WORLD GET ON TOGETHER
Why do people call us the world’s most international company? Is it because we operate in more than any other logistics provider? Is it because we invented cross border shipping over 45 years ago? Or is it, perhaps, because what we do connects people across the world. And the more we can connect people, the better life on earth becomes. We love our role in the world. And we’re looking for the right people to help us maintain – and grow it. People like you.
To develop, manage, and control the country finance, controlling and administration functions, in accordance with overall finance guidelines, legal framework and accounting standards with the objective of supporting the management decision-making process in the country PLUS other countries within sub-region and contributing to the achievement of the business objectives, whilst meeting regulatory requirements.
- Provide leadership in the definition of the local finance & controlling strategy, policies and procedures within overall Country context, underpinning the success of the business
- Promote cost efficient operations with focus on identifying cost saving measures
- Sets directions and strategies for controlling and accounting for the country to ensure that financial transactions, policies, and procedures meet the organization's short and long-term business objectives and are conducted in accordance with regulations standards.
- Establishes financial goals and monitors their implementation on the country level within sub-region and ensures that a red flag system is in place to report problems in a timely manner
- Leads, directs, and controls the organization’s financial resources to maintain the short and long-term financial health of a region or market zone business. Owns and develops long term financial planning for the country within sub-region
- Approves all investments in the country PLUS other countries within sub-region within delegated authority limits
- Ensures accurate, transparent, relevant and timely management reporting to division and executive board, including financial (CREST) and operational data
- Approves off monthly IFRS financial statement and ensures fulfilment of any IFRS / statutory / legal requirements
- Evaluates investment and acquisition business cases and co-ordinates the review and approval process in compliance with the DPDHL policy
- Ensures that the planning, budgeting and forecasting process complies with overall financial policies and procedures to support the achievement of strategic targets.
- Continuously improves financial processes, systems, tools, and techniques
- Takes appropriate measures to remedy financial risk •Ensures proper billing and cash collection processes are in place in the country.
- Analyzes complex issues in finance and significantly improves, changes or adapts existing methods and techniques.
- Prepares necessary frequent reports for CM and SMT
- Analyze records of internal customer inquiries, purchases, service requests and complaints to identify trends
- To monitor finance KPIs, standards and reporting
- Balance operational metrics against customer service metrics
- Convinces others within the organization to accept proposals and solutions where there may be little interest in cooperating or participating
- Maintains relationships and provides financial expertise to Africa management board and top-level experts in the organization
Minimum Requirements Education
- First graduate degree in financial management
- A post gradate degree will be added advantage Functional Experience in the Following Areas
- Minimum 6 years financial management experience in an international service related environment with at least 5 years of experience in global express and/or freight forwarding business
- Excellent operational process knowledge with strategic perspective
How to apply:
Application Format: Application and Letter CV
Applicant should send applications to :
Closing date for receiving application day: 14th September 2018
DHL provides a wide range of career opportunities at different levels all over the world. As an employee you will have the possibility to develop yourself personally and professionally through successful teamwork. Together we build a company we can truly be proud.
CONNECTING PEOPLE. IMPROVING LIVES.
Comment on advertised Job
Employment Type: Full-time
Job deadline: 14th September, 2018
Company: DHL International
Log in to apply