Family Planning Association of Malawi (FPAM) is a local, non-governmental organization providing youth friendly sexual and reproductive health rights, information, and services.
Family Planning Association of Malawi (FPAM) compliments the government of Malawi in improving the health status of all people in Malawi. FPAM’s vision is a Malawian society with access to quality and comprehensive sexual and reproductive health information and services.
FPAM is looking for suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Job Title: Clinician
Location: Youth Life Centre
Reporting to: District Manager
Probationary Period: Three months
- Counsel clients and provide advice for family planning, sexual transmitted infections, HIV /AIDs and other SRH services
- Perform surgical procedures in both the static and at community outreach sites (including BTLs, MVA, implant insertion / removal, circumcision)
- Run under 5s clinics, including screening, weighing and immunisation; treat STIs and minor ailments; prescribe and dispense drugs
- In line with FPAM standards, provide care to all clients, which has the following qualities Consistent, Reliable, Courteous, Value for money, Prompt and excellent, as perceived and judged by customers.
- Ensure that clients are as comfortable as possible during a procedure.
Record keeping and reporting
- Routinely maintain accurate records of all procedures and produce reports as necessary.
Marketing and business development
- Together with the other members of the district team, contribute to ensuring that the Youth Life Centre is self-sustaining and help generate additional clients, retain existing clients and ‘cross-sell’ FPAM services; liaise with Community Outreach Programme and the CRHPs; support and take part in promotional events.
- Stand in for the District Manager in her / his absence and provide cover for other team members as necessary
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and be registered with the Medical Council of Malawi.
- At least two (2) years’ experience and with significant exposure to performing mini-laparotomy
- Extensive knowledge of modern family practices and procedure.
- Thorough knowledge of the use and effects of various drugs.
- General knowledge of obstetrics and gynaecology.
- Ability to perform mini-laparotomy and minor surgical procedures without supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients and other team members.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement in making decisions involving non routine problems
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter, CV and copies of relevant certificates with three traceable references. The deadline for submission is the 10th August,2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Executive Director,
Family Planning Association of Malawi,
or send your applications to:
Qualified women are encouraged to apply
Comment on advertised Job
Employment Type: Temporary
Job deadline: 10th August, 2018
Company: Family Planning Association of Malawi (FPAM)
Log in to apply