Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) Malawi is inviting suitably qualified and experienced persons to apply for the position of Commercial Manager in the Clothes & Shoes Fundraising Project running second hand Retail Shops throughout the country. The project’s core objective is to raise funds for the DAPP programs in Malawi while also providing clothes and shoes to people at affordable prices. The position will be based in Blantyre.
Plan, manage and carry out sales activities, so as to maintain and develop sales in accordance with agreed business plans in the organization’s Clothes & Shoes Fundraising Project’s Retail Shops in Malawi, ensuring the implementation and accomplishment of the DAPP Retail systems, goals and standards in the shops.
- Develop and control project’s sales budget, organize and lead the shops' sales activities;
- Ensure that the project’s sales and shopping concept standards are followed;
- Control prices and filling in with amounts of goods in the shops;
- Control goods inventory process, identify shortages;
- Control cash and payment system, maintain cash flows safety (banking, theft prevention);
- Day to day management and control of the sales forces and their work in the shops;
- Coordinate the marketing activity of the project;
- Provide the accurate, reliable, complete and within the timelines required, report about budget status to Management (Daily, weekly, and quarterly).
- Execute the expansion plan;
- Ensure timely supply of goods to the shops;
- Plan and implement advertising and promotional activities, ensuring the most effective presentation to clients;
- Following standards and requirements
- Higher education or equivalent work experience;
- Key provisions of the Legal and Economic framework for conducting commercial activities and trade;
- Good knowledge of modern fashion essentials;
- At least 5 years sales leadership role in retail, included budget implementation and management of several shops; preferred experience in opening shops;
- Proven track record in securing successful business operations;
- Working experience in textile;
- High level of self-motivation, precision and commitment to results;
- Honest, hardworking, helpful and result-orientated personality.
- Very good communication skills and abilities;
- Fluency in English and public official language;
- IT literacy.
Interested applicants, please provide the following:
- Application letter clearly marked the position you are applying for; highlighting your background and experiences related to the required qualifications
- Your CV
- Two professional references, with at least one being a former supervisor. Please include complete and current contact information, including name, current title, and relationship with you, telephone number and email address
- Your package history for the past three years (by year), your package expectations, and your suggestion of earliest availability date.
Applications should be submitted to Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 22th August 2018
DAPP Malawi appreciates all candidates but please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Comment on advertised Job
Employment Type: Full-time
Job deadline: 22nd August, 2018
Company: Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) Malawi
Log in to apply