Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international independent medical humanitarian organization working in partnership with the Ministry of Health and other actors in Blantyre and environs on cervical cancer project,
MSF-FRANCE is recruiting suitable candidate for the position of:
Construction Supervisor (based in Blantyre)
Roles and Responsibilities
General duties Supervising and monitoring on a day-to-day basis the implementation of the building and rehabilitation activities in the project ensuring compliance of MSF standards, protocols and procedures. This includes the following tasks:
- Analyzing, according to customer requirements and MSF programs, the needs for construction/rehabilitation works and reporting to the line manager accordingly, in order to provide the necessary information to find an appropriate and efficient solution, including planning of (financial, technical, material and human) resources that meet the mission needs
- Supervising and following up through regular visits the work of construction and/or rehabilitation in progress, in order to ensure deadlines, budget and technical specifications and to early detect potential deviations
- Negotiating agreements and permissions for construction/ rehabilitation projects, establishing regular contacts with local authorities, in order to ensure all required documentation is filled upon and to avoid delays
- Organizing and supervising call for tenders (architect office, company tendering) activities in order to ensure the best technical and financial conditions
- As needed support to the Operating Theater construction project due to begin shortly.
- Planning and supervising the HR processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation and internal, external communication) of the drivers and mechanics In order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activity
- Supervising and leading the logistic team under his/her responsibility including the definition of each person?s tasks (daily supervision and checking the quality of their work); drawing up working schedule; organizing and leading team meetings
- Performing delegated tasks according to his her specialty and as specified in his/her job description.
Contract details: Fixed-term contract with possible renewal
Intended starting date: As soon as possible
Skills & Qualifications:
- Secondary Education Required (submit certificate with application)
- Minimum two years previous experience in similar position
- Must be bilingual in English and Chichewa
- Experience with other NGOs desirable
How to apply
Interested applicants apply by email to:
One attachment to email containing all the following:
- Letter of motivation;
- Detailed CV indicating postal address, day phone contacts, relevant educational and work experience;
- Secondary education and other relevant certificates;
- Photocopy of ID or work permit.
Post: P. O. Box 2736,
Hand delivery: MSF Office, Namiwawa, 60 Glynn Jones Rd (opposite Puma Filling Station).
Write ?Construction Supervisor? in subject line of email or on envelope.
NOTE: Letters, CVs and any documentation included in application package will not be returned. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. MSFF does not reimburse the possible costs for transportation for tests and Interviews that may take place during the recruitment process. MSF is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fees.
Deadline to apply for this position: June 15th, 2018 at 5:00PM
Comment on advertised Job
Employment Type: Contractual
Job deadline: 15th June, 2018
Company: Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
Log in to apply