This position is tenable at its Office in Mulanje and directly reports to the General Manager.
- The successful candidate should demonstrate sound business wisdom in areas of tea production, Manufacturing, marketing and distribution.
- The successful candidate should have very good understanding of all areas relating to Tea Management with vast experience in Extension work involving all aspects of tea management and directing the work of subordinates under him that is, the Field Zone Extension Officers and Field Assistants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Duties and Responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:-
- Manage the personnel working in a Tea Estate
- Marketing the Estate products
- Maintaining and monitoring the quality of yield
- Ensure that Estate activities comply with Government and Tea Association regulations, including the protection of the environment and maintenance of biodiversity
- Develop and implement operational plans and appropriately provide reports to the Executive Management
- Provide efficient and effective management of the Estate resources and assets
- Prepare and monitor budgets for the Estate and control expenditure in line with approved budget
- Provide management accounts and management reports to the Executive Management on monthly basis as per submission dates
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of Divisions staff as per agreed Key Performance Areas
QUALIFICATIONS, ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal Candidate should:-
- Have a Degree or Diploma in Agriculture or Forestry from a recognized institution with at least 5 years of practical experience in a related field.
- Have good working knowledge of tea management from nursery to factory.
- Have demonstrated ability to understand the preparation and management of budgets, management accounts and Reports
- Be mature, self – starter, committed to work, well motivated individual and willing to work odd and long hours.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications together with updated curriculum vitae, bearing names of three traceable referees, one of whom being the most recent employer to the following before 16th February 2018.
The Group General Manager
Smallholder Tea Company Limited
P.O. Box 135
with copies to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Comment on advertised Job
Employment Type: Full-time
Job deadline: 16th February, 2018
Company: Small Holder Tea Company Limited
Log in to apply