Emmanuel International is a faith based organization working with rural communities in the southern part of Malawi in Relief and Development since 1987. Emmanuel International is implementing Development and Food Security project known as Titukulane Project, meaning (let us work together for development}. This project is for five years and it will be implemented in Mangochi.
The Titukulane project intends to focus on six program areas: Agriculture, Maternal and Child Health, Water supply and sanitation, Civil Society, Disaster readiness, Private sector productivity and Environment. The project will both build capacities of women, men, girls and boys, and address systematic weaknesses that limit opportunities and reduce the likelihood of sustained outcomes.
Applications are therefore welcome for the following vacant position as follows:
Job Title: Driver (1)
Reporting to: Vehicle Operations Supervisor
• Drives project vehicle as requested by the Program Manager to assist with the smooth process of project implementation.
• Checking basic maintenance of assigned vehicle (oils, tyres, coolant, lights, battery) regularly.
• Provide reliable driving services by using assigned transport means for the transport of authorized El staff members, officials and visitors as per authorized routing following El safety and security rules and regulations
• Ensures that the vehicle is kept clean and in a good running condition all the time.
• Maintains vehicle usage logs all the times
• Communicates with Vehicle Operations Supervisor on vehicle service bookings in good time as defined by to El Policy.
• Reports any accident, noise or suspected malfunction of the vehicle to the Vehicle Operations supervisor immediately.