Achieving Reduction of Child Labor in Support of Education (ARISE) is a program to combat child labor in tobacco-growing communities through education, mobilization, economic empowerment, and the promotion of a regulatory environment conducive to child labor prevention. ARISE is funded by Japan Tobacco International (JTI) and jointly implemented by Winrock International (WI) and the International Labor Organization (ILO). Winrock International is recruiting for a Driver to support the program. The Driver will be based in Lilongwe with frequent travel to project field sites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide project-related transport services for Winrock staff and visitors using the project vehicle(s)
- Meet visitors and staff at the airport and assist with airport check-in and check-out as needed.
- Transport project staff outside of Lilongwe for field site visits.
- Transport office and project-related items/equipment as needed.
- Conduct daily vehicle basic maintenance (i.e. Checking wheel nuts, cleaning, greasing, battery terminals etc).
- Run office errands as assigned by the Winrock Senior Admin and Finance Assistant and authorized by the Winrock Program Director.
- Maintain the use of vehicle log book at all times for all trips, recording information on each journey, including daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, etc.
- Report to the Senior Finance and Admin Assistant about general vehicle conditions and maintain a schedule for vehicle service.
- Always adhere to Winrock’s vehicle policy and Malawi Road Traffic Department ‘s vehicle regulations and maintain copies of accident reports, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, etc.
- Assist with photocopying, filing, and other office administrative tasks as needed from time to time.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by Winrock.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE) with a clean and valid driving license (Code C1) and of PG category and have more than 5 years of progressive driving experience in INGOs and must possess a valid PRD permit.
- Those with defensive driving certification and vehicle mechanical knowledge will have an added advantage.
- The applicant must have a good driving track record and personal conduct coupled with sound interpersonal skills and demonstrable experience in supporting office and program functions in a busy INGO setting.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, send a cover letter (with at least three professional references) and resume (written in reverse chronological order clearly indicating duration and dates of previous work experience) and copies of certificates/licenses (driver’s license and PRD Permit) to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org copying Email: email@example.com
before December 8, 2017.
Comment on advertised Job
Employment Type: Full-time
Job deadline: 8th December, 2017
Company: Winrock International
Log in to apply