Paladin (Africa) Limited invites applications from suitably qualified male or female Malawian nationals for the post of Senior Electrical Engineer tenable at the Kayelekera Mine in Karonga District. This position will report to the Engineering Manager.
The purpose of this role is to provide technical, commercial and strategic management for the Electrical/Engineering Department and to ensure alignment of initiatives and activities.
Specifically the Senior Electrical Engineer will:
- Provide the leadership necessary to ensure that employees and contractors adhere to safety and environmental standards that exceed worldwide industry standards and any applicable legislation. Develop and promote a Safe and Healthy Work Environment.
- Manage the activities of the Electrical /Engineering Department, to assure cost effectiveness and that Key Performance Indicators are achieved in an effective and timely manner.
- Monitor all repairs and preventative maintenance to instrumentation and process control systems of the plant.
- Supervising the planning process and troubleshooting of electrical maintenance.
- Ensure the mines electrical and instrumentation equipment is maintained to the highest standards through performing daily inspections and planned maintenance.
- Create a working environment, which ensures that employees gain new skills and achieve their full potential by developing and implementing effective training and mentoring programs.
- Continually review every aspect of the Electrical/Engineering Department to ensure that opportunities to add value and increase shareholder wealth are identified and implemented.
- Implement employee performance management processes to ensure optimum employee performance and identify and remedy substandard performance and behavior.
- Maintain and troubleshoot the process control system of the plant, including PLC’s, SCADA and process control network.
- Assist management to continually review and monitor the electrical maintenance procedures in an effort to add value and enhance operations.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Tertiary Engineering qualifications are essential. Those with a Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering will have an added advantage.
- This position is suitable for highly experienced Electrical Engineer at supervisory / superintendent level.
- Minimum of 10 years electrical experience in a processing plant, with at least 5 years in a supervising role.
- Previous practical work experience in instrumentation maintenance, fault finding and PLC programming experience in industrialized plants and power stations.
- Experience in power stations management, HV, reticulated power supply off grid.
- High voltage experience (MERA Electrical Installers License).
The position will attract a competitive salary package, which will include benefits in addition to flexible work roster.
Please submit your application including a comprehensive CV by e-mail on:
or by post to:
The Senior HR Officer,
Paladin (Africa) Limited,
P.O Box 47,
Please forward applications before closing date: Friday, 8 December 2017.
Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance, competency assessment, physical capability assessment and reference checking.
If you are not contacted by Paladin within (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application unsuccessful.
Comment on advertised Job
Employment Type: Full-time
Job deadline: 8th December, 2017
Company: Paladin (Africa) Limited
Log in to apply