This position reports directly to the General Manager, Smallholder Tea Company.
The successful candidate should have very good understanding of all areas relating to tea management and animal husbandry.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the personnel working at the Estate.
- Maintaining and monitoring the quality of yield, be it animals or arable crops.
- Ensure that estate activities comply with government regulations, including the protection of the environment and maintenance of biodiversity.
- Develop and implement operational plans and appropriately provide reports to executive management.
- Provide efficient and effective management of the estate’s resources and assets.
- Prepare and monitor budgets for the division and control expenditure in line with approved budget.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of division’s staff as per agreed key performance areas.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Diploma in Agriculture from a recognized institution with at least 5 years of practical experience in a related tea field or its equivalent.
- A good working knowledge of various types of agricultural produce, farms inputs and livestocks.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the preparation and management of budgets, management accounts and reports.
- Be mature, self starter, committed to work, well motivated individual and willing to work odd and long hours.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications together with updated curriculum vitae, bearing names of three traceable referees, one of whom being the most recent employer to the following before 16th February 2018.
The Group General Manager
Smallholder Tea Company Limited
P.O. Box 135
with copies to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Comment on advertised Job
Employment Type: Full-time
Job deadline: 16th February, 2018
Company: Small Holder Tea Company Limited
Log in to apply