About Evidence Action
Evidence Action scales proven development solutions to benefit millions of people around the world.
We fill the gap between knowing ‘what works’ and having impact at scale. We implement cost-effective interventions whose efficacy is backed by substantial rigorous evidence. We identify innovative, appropriate financing mechanisms, and build best practice operational models.
We voraciously self-evaluate, learn, and improve our models for scaling with a commitment to transparency on progress, impact, and value for money. Our flagship programs are: Dispensers for Safe Water and Deworm the World Initiative.
Monitoring and Evaluation Field Officer Dispensers for Safe Water is a member of the Field Monitoring Team sub-team and the larger MLIS team, and is responsible for collection of monitoring data for the Dispensers for Safe Water program.
Reporting to : Associate MLIS — Dispensers for Safe Water -Malawi
Duties and responsibilities
- Accurately and timely collect Dispensers for Safe Water evaluation data, through the administration of questionnaire, collection of samples, and making observations, in the areas of operation, using electronic and/or paper instruments.
- Participate in bench-testing of electronic instruments as part of training and instrument improvement process
- Timely and meaningfully support flow of information from the field to the Program Leadership by utilizing “soft feedback” tools.
- Participate in the data collection training of operation/program field staff.
- Support data flow process from the field to the office, by adhering to the data flow protocol that indicates when and how submit data
- Enthusiastically provide mentorship to new staff involved in Dispensers for Safe Water data collection activities, including shadowing their work in the initial days in the field.
- Maintain cordial public relation with local stakeholders, including government officials and community members, through observing meaningful and respectful engagement in the course of field work.
- Contribute toward the cost-efficiency of the organization and programs through accurate management of financial payments and expenditures in the field and at the office
- Support data collection needs from other programs, and other duties as may be assigned by the MLIS leadership.
Required Competencies and Attributes
- High level of integrity and stewardship
- Embraces team work and supports the ideals of working in a team work environment as a team champion
- Passion to work in a rural community setting,
- Flexible mindset and willingness to relocate on a short notice to other field based assignments in other regions.
- Self – driven and highly motivated to deliver results within tight deadlines.
- Good communication skills. Ability to communicate well within the organization and with the rural communities and local leaders
- Basic leadership skills in managing people, working with communities, government officers, schools and teams
- Good computer skills and comfort to advance the skills in a dynamic IT field.
- Experience working with electronic data collection tools will be an added advantage
- Proactive and ambitious to support innovation and change in a dynamic working environment
- Positive attitude to work and to develop in a fast paced work environment
- Minimum Diploma in a social science discipline with a bias on statistics or research applications, community work, project management or equivalent. Candidates with a minimum of a certificate course in Teaching and nursing are also encouraged to apply. Candidates with an M&E background have a definite advantage
- Good language skills in English and Chichewa/Yao both spoken and written
- 1-2 years’ experience working in a research environment administering surveys, working with communities or social enterprises/NGOs.
- Motor cycle riding skills or willingness to learn and ride a motorcycle
DEADLINE TO APPLY : On a Rolling Basis
TO APPLY CLICK HERE
Comment on advertised Job