buildOn is a global non-profit organization that is breaking the cycle of poverty, illiteracy, and low expectations through service and education. We run afterschool programs in high schools across the U.S. where urban youth contribute intensive community service and internationally we work in some of the poorest developing nations to build schools as well as run Adult Literacy Programs and other community empowering initiatives.
We are currently hiring a Finance Assistant
Reporting to the Finance & Administrative Manager, The Finance Assistant will assist the Finance Manager in managing all operational financial activities and responsible for ensuring proper financial management and accuracy of field mission finances through support of financial reporting, communications, compliance, and adherence to budgets.
- Assists the Finance Manager in preparing and implementing the program budget
- Matching invoices to purchase orders and ensure swift payments of invoices
- Coordinates with the Finance & Administrative Manager to ensure that funds are available for program activities and monitor all expenditure requests, ensuring appropriate back up documentation is in place
- Responsible in day to day administrative and financial activities in Mwanza office
- Ensures that government forms, reports and payments are submitted accurately and in a timely manner
- Assists the Finance & Administrative Manager in monthly payroll processing and ensures that processes are in place for the withholding of taxes social security and other
- Assists in the preparation and submission of monthly fund requests and financial reports
- Ensures the accuracy, timeliness of the reports and compliance with budget allocations
- Investigates and reports directly any suspicion activities to FM and IPFM
- Assists in the processing of payments/disbursements vouchers and ensure validity of expenses
- Assists in the procurement of services and suppliers in accordance with internal guidelines
- Monitors school inventories in order to guarantee the safety of buildOn materials and tools
- Ensures all activities related to financial management are carried out in conformance with policies and procedures established by the home Office
- Works on special projects as assigned by direct supervisor,
- Completes administrative tasks as needed in the office (photocopying, organizing, etc.)
- Ensures that all tasks related to the maintenance of the office are completed in a timely manner (eg payment of cleaning services, water, internet, electricity and phone bills)
- Analyze trends in vendor pricing activity to determine correct timing of purchases
- Works on accounting software to record expenditures when necessary
- Assists in processing monitoring and evaluations surveys at year-end
Skills and Competence:
- Must be a holder of ACCA/ICAM/PAEC Diploma in Accounting, Bachelors Degree will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations of Malawi
- Minimum 2 years previous accounting or NGO experience
- Fluency in written and oral Chichewa and English skill is desirable
- Strong working knowledge of computer programs: Microsoft Word, Excel, etc
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and in a multi-cultural setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be willing to travel to project sites on a monthly basis and must be honest and trustworthy.
Interested candidates must be living in or willing to relocate to Mwanza District.
If interested, please send in your C.V. and application stating your available start date as well as a list of at least three professional references to:
The Finance and Administrative Manager,
buildOn Inc, Malawi Program
Private Bag 2,
buildOn is an equal opportunity employer and female applicants are highly encouraged to apply
Deadline for receiving applications is September 22, 2017 and expected start date is October 2, 2017.
Ensure that you mention www.myjobo.com as the source of this job advert.
Comment on advertised Job