Please Note: This job is open only to applicants who are citizens of Malawi.
CURE has an exceptional opportunity for a Head of Nursing Services at its hospital in Malawi. The Head of Nursing Services will ensure that patients cared for within the hospital health system receive compassionate, high quality healthcare. This involves strategic oversight and leadership of the Theatre Nursing Manager, Private Ward In-Charge, Pediatrics Ward In-Charge, other medical professionals and non-clinical staff. The Head of Nursing Services will be expected to create a collaborative and efficient workplace with detailed attention to quality standards and be able to contribute to the strategic and corporate direction and management of the hospital. The overall goal for the Head of Nursing Services will be to foster an excellent environment that will support everyone in working to the benefit of the hospital and its patients, hence achieving the set objectives and long-term goals for the hospital nursing department. This entails that the Head of Nursing Services will be an active participant of the hospital senior management team to ensure that nursing services are represented as an integral part of the patient care strategy.
- Manage, supervise and coordinate the development and implementation of the goals, objectives and priorities for the nursing areas
- Advise the Medical Director and Executive Director on professional nursing services issues, including the changing opportunities for nursing roles and responsibilities
- Oversee the implementation and adherence to CURE nursing policies, procedures and standards
- In collaboration with the Human Resources Officer, be responsible for the appropriate recruitment, selection and retention of the nursing services staff inclusive of enhancing job satisfaction and career development for the nurses in the theatre and wards
- With support from the Hospital Administrator, develop and review workforce plans for nurses, advising the Medical Director and Executive Director on issues of skill mix, deployment and utilization of the nursing workforce consistent with Nursing and Midwifery Council Standards
- Develop policies and strategies to ensure that effective infection prevention and control issues are well coordinated and implemented
- Provide and ensure that effective systems for the prevention and control of infection are embedded across the hospital and audited
- Ensure that the highest standards of corporate and clinical governance are maintained in the theatre and wards
- Oversee the requisition, storage and issuance of ward stock items including medications, and the safeguarding of accurate narcotic counts and ledgers
- Contribute to the embedding of the 'Action Result Oriented' staff engagement program by actively promoting a culture of staff engagement and taking responsibility for all nursing services' delivery
- Facilitate and manage an effective system of performance management including appraisals and personal development for all direct reports and their staff, including active succession and workforce planning
Qualified candidates for this position will possess the following:
- Master's degree in Nursing from a qualified, recognized institution
- Registered Nurse with a current license to practice with no restrictions
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in clinical nursing practice and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in a senior managerial position
- Some experience in a pediatric surgical unit preferred
- Nursing profession and practice knowledge
- Understanding of diverse cultures at the workplace
- Human resource leadership skills
- Fundamental thinking skills
- Relationship management and behavior influence skills
In addition, all candidates should be familiar with the Statement of Faith, and will be required to agree with the declarations of the Statement of Faith in order to be considered for this position.
Please click here to read our Statement of Faith.
This is a full-time, paid position that offers a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package.
How to apply
Interested to join Beit Cure International Hospital -Malawi and meeting the above requirements are requested to send their application letters including detailed Curriculum Vitae containing contact details of three traceable referees
TO APPLY CLICK HERE
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 28th September 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged and invited for interviews. BCIHM is an equal opportunity employer.
Comment on advertised Job
Employment Type: Full-time
Job deadline: 28th September, 2018
Company: Beit CURE International Hospital (BCIH)
Log in to apply