Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization (MACRO) is a non-governmental organization that provides quality HIV prevention and treatment services to individuals, families and communities through static and outreach outlets in order to reduce HIV transmission and the impact of HIV and AIDS in Malawi.
Currently applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill the vacant post of Head of Programs.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, or Administration with three years’ experience working with Non-Governmental Organizations at senior level in the field of Public Health, Administration or Project Management
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Good understanding of organization management and development
- Understanding of community participation and sustainable development
- Excellent knowledge of Project and team Management
- Conversant with Strategic planning and management
- Good fundraising and financial management skills
- Well experienced in writing successful proposals
- Good command of both written and spoken English.
- Computer literacy is a requirement.
- Skills in Partnership Management
- Experience in managing USAID and CDC funds
- Experience in working with government partners specifically Ministry of health
- Experience in report writing as per donor requirements
- Reporting to and advising the Executive Director on current plans and programmes.
- Undertaking the documentation of best practices around HIV and AIDS
- Following up of MACRO’s Strategic Plan and its implementation, revision and re-development.
- Undertaking policy and programmes analysis and development involving learning from implementation results and projecting new ways of thinking from lessons learned so as to contribute effectively to change in approaches and policies.
- Assessing programmes delivery and development of plans for scaling up programmes.
- Development of proposals for submission to potential donors
- Coordination of the development of the Annual Work plans, Operation plan for MACRO.
- Reporting periodically (Mid-Year and annually) on the performance of programmes to the Executive Director.
- Acts as Executive Director when in incumbent is away
Please send your application (CV and Cover letter) to the Human Resource Officer, Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization.