An opportunity has arisen to engage highly motivated and experienced persons of Malawian origin to fill positions of Head of Support Services, at the Malawi Enterprise Development Fund (MEDF) Limited.
MEDF is a licensed Micro Finance Institution owned by the Government of Malawi
Head of Support Services
(Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer)
Mainb duties and responsibilities
- Be responsible for Human Resource, Administration, Procurement and IT functions.
- Ensure policies, protocols and processes involving the above services are effectively developed, implemented, maintained, reviewed and updated.
- Act as a main contact point for external partners, consultants, contractors and businesses.
- Manage all SLAs
- Be responsible for ensuring recommended HR policies and protocols are put in place, regularly updated and followed accurately.
- Facilitate the achievement of business objectives whilst retaining accountability for the end to end delivery of human resource management services
- Be a key driver of organisational change and improvement by establishing more efficient day to day operations within MEDF’s Head Office and its branches
- Establish an inclusive culture within Head Office staff and those based in the field that develops a shared understanding of the organisations vision and mission To enhance workplace safety and health
- Oversee and support branches/departments in building and maintain effective leadership team.
- Ensuring adherence to governance principles for Procurement Processes and ensure that stores management and distribution systems are in place
- Provide Company Secretarial duties to the Board and corporate meetings
- Oversee human resource and operational plans, tactics and all activities
- Administer Asset Disposal Policy
- In liaison with the IT Manager, ensure the overall success of the systems/network administration; databases and providing strategic guidance to senior management.
- Liaise with MEDF’s Legal advisors and establish all recommended protocols.
- Provides the Support Services Department staff the necessary training and other support to enable them to fulfill their duties accordingly
- Supervises, monitors, and evaluates the work of staff in the department and provides input to the annual staff appraisal exercise
- Advisor to the Chief Executive Officer and Senior Management on all matters relating to Human Resource, Administration, Procurement and Information Technology.
- Implement solutions to embed the mind set of a high-performance culture in the Fund
- Coordinate the performance appraisal process across the Group to ensure that efficiency is achieved and respond to exceptions
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Management
- Eight to ten years’ professional experience, including five years in an Senior Management position
- Experience in managing multi-discipline teams
- Overall understanding and deep insights into Human Resources, Administration, Procurement, Legal and Information Technology Special / Personal Abilities
- Excellent entrepreneur, leadership, planning and organizational skills with a strong results-oriented approach;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Stress-resistant, capable of serenely managing a complex environment
- Highly attentive to detail.
- Effectively supervising, leading and delegating tasks and authority.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and materials.
- Be adaptable and able to meet deadlines on assignments
Method of Application
Interested Applicants are requested to submit their applications together with CVs, copies of. certificates and names and contacts, including emails and phone numbers of at least three (3) traceable referees to the following address not late than 1st May, 2018.
The Chief Executive Officer,
MEDF Head Office
P. O.Box 779
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.
Comment on advertised Job
Employment Type: Full-time
Job deadline: 1st May, 2018
Company: Malawi Enterprise Development Fund (MEDF) Limited
Log in to apply