Please Note: This job is open only to applicants who are citizens of Malawi.
CURE has an exceptional opportunity for an Information Communication and Technology Officer at its hospital in Malawi. The Information Communication and Technology Officer, reporting directly to the Hospital Administrator, will be in charge of the formulation and implementation of a vibrant information communication and technology strategy geared towards the achievement of an effective and efficient information communication and technology function of the hospital. In this regard, the Information Communication and Technology Officer will be expected to provide technical support in information communication and technology services to enable the provision of timely, reliable, accurate and efficient information services to staff, patients and clients.
- Formulate annual information communication and technology plans that are aligned to the hospital strategy
- Identify skill gaps for hospital co-workers (employees) and secure necessary skills for their attainment and provide general IT support to enable users to solve IT related issues and reduce downtime
- Lead in the innovative information communication and technology initiatives, change and hospital data processing improvements
- Formulate and implement policies to manage and maintain robust monitoring, controls, business continuity, security, backup and recovery of hospital critical systems
- Proactively review information communication and technology strategies, policies, plans and technologies in response to the fast changing operating environment and business challenges in a manner that supports and optimizes hospital operations
- Provide and maintain status reporting on information communication and technology systems, service delivery, incident management, information communication and technology contracts and SLA compliance and fulfillment levels as required
- Responsible for the information communication and technology budget, procurement of information communication and technology systems, service technologies and infrastructure in line with hospital business plans
- Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting to solve hardware and software problems as they arise
- Monitor systems performance and perform cabling and installing of trunks where required
- Conduct the setup and configuration of LAN, WLAN and WAN for the hospital users
- Compile and update inventory and documentation of all information communication and technology equipment, peripherals and their configurations
Qualified candidates for this position will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Communication and Technology or Computer Science
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in information communication and technology in a busy work environment
- Excellent information communication and technology knowledge in database administration and technical architecture design
- Excellent information communication and technology knowledge in systems integration and network administration including health informatics
- Proficiency in Windows OS and Linux OS
- Business awareness and understanding of business requirements of IT in a hospital setting
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and public relations skills
- Computer programming problem solving and good analytical skills
In addition, all candidates should be familiar with the Statement of Faith, and will be required to agree with the declarations of the Statement of Faith in order to be considered for this position.
Please click here to read our Statement of Faith.
This is a full-time, paid position that offers a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package.
How to apply
Interested to join Beit Cure International Hospital -Malawi and meeting the above requirements are requested to send their application letters including detailed Curriculum Vitae containing contact details of three traceable referees
TO APPLY CLICK HERE
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 28th September 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged and invited for interviews. BCIHM is an equal opportunity employer.
Comment on advertised Job
Employment Type: Full-time
Job deadline: 28th September, 2018
Company: Beit CURE International Hospital (BCIH)
Log in to apply