Paladin (Africa) Limited invites applications from suitably qualified male or female Malawian nationals for the post of Instrumentation Technician tenable at the Kayelekera Mine in Karonga District. This position will report to the Maintenance Foreman .
To conduct repairs and preventative maintenance to instrumentation and process control systems of the process plan t to achieve production targets.
Specifically the Instrumentation Technician will:
- Carry out instrumentation repair and preventative maintenance to maintain Process Plant equipment in a safe and efficient manner to achieve production and cost targets.
- Maintain and troubleshoot the Pro cess Plant process contro l system, including PLC’s, SCADA and process control network.
- Ensure that instrumentation maintenance practices result in maximum plant availability. M eeting or exceeding planned plant availability is a Key Performance Indicator.
- Complete assigned work in a timely manner with minimum supervision and to an internationally acceptable standard.
- Keep workplace in a safe working condition and carry out instrumentation work in a safe, profess ional and efficient manner.
- Provide accurate an d timely feedback to the Supervisor on conditions that may affect functionality of equipment.
- Carry out troubleshooting, fault finding and corrective maintenance in order to solve unplanned equipment unavai lability events.
- Ensure Supervisors and all stakeholders are kept informed on equipment availability status.
- Ensure the On Key Computerised maintenance management system is utilise d as required by the Supervisor.
- Follow safe w ork pr ocedures and other maint enance procedures.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications / Experience :
- Trade Test Certificate in Instrumentation . Those with a Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering will have an added advantage.
- Five years prac tical work experience in instrumentation maintenance fault finding and PLC programming .
- Previous practical instrumentation maintenance experience in industrialized plant s is beneficial.
The position will attract a competitive salary package, which will include benefits.
Please submit your application including a comprehensive CV by e - mail on :
or by post to
The Senior HR Officer,
Paladin (Africa) Limited,
P.O Box 47,
Please forward applications before closing date: Friday , 19 January 2018 .
Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance, competency assessment, physical capability assessment and reference checking.
If you are not contacted by Paladin within (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application unsuccessful.
Comment on advertised Job
Employment Type: Full-time
Job deadline: 19th January, 2018
Company: Paladin (Africa) Limited
Log in to apply