Savanna Financial Services, a registered and regulated microfinance institution in Malawi, invites applications from interested persons to fill the position of an Operations Officer tenable at its Blantyre Branch
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, the successful candidate’s main responsibilities will be to undertake all aspects of financial management and assess customers’ credit worthiness.
The successful applicant will among others be expected to perform the following:
- Prepare timely financial management reports, highlighting monthly income against expenditure, for management’s review by the end of the first week of each month
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reports
- Coordinating preparation of the budget
- Make preliminary assessment of all loan applications and make recommendations to the Chief Operating Officer
- Maintain a register of all loan applications and diarize progress made including actions taken
- Arrange group loan protection cover for all clients and claims relating to the same.
- Maintain registers of in and out bound cheques to lawyers and auctioneers as well as security documents in the custody of the institution
- Process all collaterals prior to loan disbursement
- Maintain a register of contingent liabilities and diarize for cancellation of the same in liaison with immediate supervisor.
- Arrange for valuation and revaluation of all property/collaterals prior to disbursement of loans
- Draft customer correspondence relating to loans, overdrafts and contingent liabilities and direct such correspondence to immediate supervisor for decisions.
- Review and maintain proper filing system for all loan facilities and credit related documents to ensure timely retrieval of information at all times.
- Conduct follow up meetings with the institution’s customers to ensure effective use of loan facilities and necessary loan repayments
- Renew insurance on property and chattels securing facilities to ensure no losses emanate from accidents and other insurable risks.
Minimum qualification and experience
- Must be a holder of a Diploma in either Business Administration, Information Technology, Accounting, Finance or any relevant field
- Must have modern relationship management techniques,
- Must have good marketing/negotiating and accounting skills
- Must have a good appreciation of microfinance policies and procedures.
- Must have excellent communication skills both written and oral as well as an in-depth understanding of Microsoft Office
- Must have knowledge of debt collection processes.
- An understanding of consumer credit facilities,, credit appraisal techniques, will be an added advantage
How to apply
Interested persons should submit their applications, together with detailed and updated Curriculum Vitae to:
The Chief Operations Officer,
Savanna Financial Services,
Fatima Arcade Building- Opposite ESCOM Building Second Floor, Room No 2
For inquiries, please contact the Chief Operations Officer at 0212 264 371
All applications should be received by Wednesday, 23rd May, 2018
Comment on advertised Job
Employment Type: Full-time
Job deadline: 23rd May, 2018
Company: Savanna Financial Services
Log in to apply