Mzuzu University invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following teaching position:
DEPARTMENT OF THEOLOGY AND RELIGIOUS STUDIES
Professor/Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Theology and Religious Studies
- Candidates should be specialists in at least one of the following areas: Biblical Studies, Systematic Theology or Church History and Missiology. Candidates must possess a PhD or Master’s Degree in Old Testament Studies, Systematic Theology, Church History and Missiology or their equivalents.
- Candidates with experience in supervision of postgraduate students will have an added advantage.
For the above position, candidates should address their ability to meet the following requirements:
- A minimum of three (3) years of teaching experience in the subject area they have applied for at tertiary level.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To teach and assess undergraduate and postgraduate courses
- To develop and teach new courses, including postgraduate courses, as required
- To supervise undergraduate and postgraduate projects including research
- To actively participate in scholarly activities such as research and Publication
- To serve on University Committees to which they may be appointed
- To undertake any other duties as required and assigned by their Head of Department, Dean of Faculty or Management
Attributes and Competencies
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the subject area
- Demonstrable Commitment to academic excellence in teaching and research
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet given deadlines
Method of Application
The applications should include an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV), names and contact details of three traceable referees and copies of academic and professional qualifications. The job title should be indicated on the envelope and sent to:
Private Bag 201,
To reach the University not later than Friday, 13th April, 2018. Note that only shortlisted candidates shall be acknowledged.
Comment on advertised Job
Employment Type: Full-time
Job deadline: 13th April, 2018
Company: Mzuzu University
Log in to apply