Concern is an international NGO with its headquarters in Ireland, working in 29 countries in Africa, Asia and Caribbean.
We started working in Malawi in 2002 and are well known for our innovative and quality programmes.
We promote learning and staff development for our staff through training, coaching, mentoring and exposure to new experiences.
Concern Worldwide has the following exciting opening in Malawi for talented and committed individuals.
Concern is an innovative and dynamic development and humanitarian organisation, currently working in the districts of Mangochi, Phalombe, Chikwawa, Mulanje and Nsanje, implementing programmes in Food Security & Resilience; Health & Nutrition; Gender Equality and Education.
Position: Project Manager - APATSENI MWAYI ATSIKANA APHUNZIRE (AMAA) PROJECT
To provide overall leadership and coordination for ensuring the implementation of activities project and achievement of objectives in line with the project document as well as Concern Worldwide vision, goals, and program principles, standards and approaches.
- Lead and coordinate the development of work plans and implementation of field activities in close coordination with Save the Children
- Regularly review progress against the work plan and review strategies, resources, and delegation of responsibilities to ensure appropriate progress toward project objectives
- Continuously assess project’s context, assumptions and changes in the working environment to ensure that the programme focus, strategies and activities remain relevant and to proposed adjustments when needed
- Oversee the development of project monitoring and evaluation systems; by ensuring that data collected is of high quality
- Establish positive working relationships with school authorities, government stakeholders, and district level actors to ensure the smooth implementation of the project and maximize coordination
- Serve as the primary Concern Worldwide point of contact within the AMAA consortium
- Maintain ongoing communication with Concern Head Office and AMAA consortium management regarding project progress and challenges
- Supervise, lead, and support other project staff
- As a budget holder, manage budget in line with authority levels and financial policies and procedures
- Monitor project expenditure, ensuring spend is within budget, and that the project is delivered in a cost-effective manner.
- Ensure that all relevant Concern policies and procedures are followed, including logistics, transport, security, and finance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Public Health, Social Sciences or related field √Master’s Degree preferred
- 2 years of experience managing education or adolescent health-related development programmes
- Experience of working in project consortium; USAID donor experience desirable
- Evidence of additional training in adolescent sexual and reproductive health and I or gender equality
- Demonstrable understanding and knowledge of prevention and response modalities to address school-related gender-based violence
- Proven skills in monitoring and evaluation, including collecting and using routine data to systematically assess and re-plan programme activities
- Familiarity with Grassroot Soccer methodology, previous training with GRS preferred
- Strong people management skills; the ability to effective lead and supervise staff.
How to apply
Send your updated CV and Cover Letter and three referees (one must be most recent Line Managers) to:
Deadline: 12 August 2018 by 4:00pm
Comment on advertised Job
Employment Type: Full-time
Job deadline: 12th August, 2018
Company: Concern Worldwide
Log in to apply