Resource Type: National Recruited Staff (NRS)
Duty Post: Lilongwe
Closing date: 03/20/2018
This position will be based in Lilongwe and will report to the Project Manager. The M&E Specialist will be responsible for the overall monitoring and evaluation of the project activities of all CGIAR Centers, comparing plans with the actual delivery and performance. The principal tasks and responsibilities comprise the following:
The key responsibilities:
- Develop a transparent progress monitoring and reporting system for reporting on the indicators defined in the GIZ M&E Framework.
- Liaising with GIZ on all aspects of monitoring and evaluation and work closely with the professional staff in each CGIAR Center assigned to the project.
- Develop tools to facilitate data collection by CGIAR partner staff.
- Provide input and advice related to workplans submitted by partners to ensure that the indicators are in line with the GIZ framework.
- Develop and maintain an M&E database for the project.
- Mentor and train project and partner staff to build capacity on M&E.
- Contribute to review and planning workshops.
- Contribute to preparation and monitor implementation of work plans and budgets
- Ensure gender and youth aspects are adequately captured in work planning and M&E Systems.
- Contribute to specific studies commissioned by GIZ (e.g. baseline, adoption studies).
- Contribute to gross margins analysis for technologies and technology packages introduced by the CGIAR to the FFS.
- Support the project manager in the review of periodic progress reports received from partners and compilation of overall progress reports for the project.
- Document and collect information on lessons learned, including case studies and special research.
- Carry out periodical field checks and triangulate with received information to monitor the progress of the project.
- Conduct field monitoring visits to selected Farmer Field Schools to assess whether the lessons learnt by Master Trainers by the CGIAR experts are passed on to the farmers by Community Based Facilitators.
- Lead the implementation of the communication and visibility plans to promote information sharing on all aspects related to project activities among partners.
- Support monitoring and evaluation visits by the donor and participate in project evaluations and assessments.
- MSc. in Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness Management, Project Management or similar.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working as an M&E Specialist for donor-funded agricultural development projects.
- Strong planning skills, analytical skills, ICT skills especially Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Have demonstrated success in working with multi-disciplinary teams and partnerships
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Conditions: This position is local and is open to Malawian Citizens ONLY. The employment contract will be for an initial 1 year term with three months’ probation period and with the possibility of renewal subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performance. CIP prides itself on its collegial and supportive working environment, which allows space for personal and professional growth.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE
Comment on advertised Job
Employment Type: Full-time
Job deadline: 20th March, 2018
Company: International Potato Center
Log in to apply