RESEARCH, Monitoring and Evaluation OFFICER
We Are Looking For A Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Professional Keen To Be An Integral Part Of Ujamaa Pamodzi Africa,
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop Study Tools On Topical Issues In VAWG, Training Manuals And Field Guides To Use For Data Collection
- Coordinate The Recruitment, Training And Supervision Of Field Team
- Coordinate Field Work And Be Responsible For Data Quality
- Mobilize And Sensitize Stakeholders About Research Projects
- Participate In The Development Of Research Proposals, With A Focus On Violence Prevention
- Lead The Process Of Obtaining Ethical Approval For Research Projects (Permits)when needed
- Conduct Literature Review And Participate In Writing Scientific Papers Especially On Key Issues In Gender Based Violence(GBV)
- Carry Out Policy Analysis On Specific Issues In GBV Especially VAWG
- Prepare Regular Field And Project Reports
- Participate In Dissemination Of Research Findings And Policy Dialogue With Relevant Education And/Or Youth Audiences
- Prepare Policy Briefs And Fact Sheets From The Projects’ Findings
- Perform Other Duties As May Be Assigned By The Supervisor
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A Bachelors Degree In Any Of The Following Areas: Monitoring & Evaluation, Social Statistics, Applied Statistics, Sociology, Development Studies Or Related Disciplines.
- At Least 2 Years’ Post Qualification Experience, Preferably In Research Or GBV Setting
- Knowledge Of Multiple Statistical And/Or Qualitative Software Packages Such As STATA, SPSS, NVivo Or R
- Experience Conducting Field Research And Managing Research Teams
- Experience In Engaging Policy Makers With Research Evidence
- Excellent Oral And Written Communication In English And Chichewa.
- Ability To Work Independently, Set Priorities, Juggle Tasks And Meet Tight Deadlines
- Proposal Writing Development Skills
- Excellent Data Analysis Skills
- Proficiency In Computer Literacy I.E. MS Word, PowerPoint , Excel And Project
- Effective Communication Skills
- Demonstrate Strong Organizational Skills And Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent Analytical Skills
- Ability to work under pressure and make independent decision.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested Applicants Are Encouraged To Apply Through Our Recruitment
Applications Will Be Considered Until March, 23rd, 2018. Only Short-Listed Candidates Will Be Contacted.
Current and/or expected salary MUST be indicated on the cover letter
Cover Letters Should Be Addressed To: -
The Human Resources and Administrative Officer,
Ujamaa Pamodzi Africa,
P.O. Box 1318
Ujamaa Pamodzi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Comment on advertised Job