Copyright Society of Malawi is implementing the Integrated Arts Development Project. The Project has four main components that include Arts Savings and Credit Cooperative. Arts Savings and Credit Cooperatives is a professional based organization of artist operating in Malawi with a vision of extending Financial Services to all artists and stakeholders in Malawi.
The SACCO Manager reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in and supervise daily SACCO operations,
- Manage and guide staff as they execute their daily SACCO duties,
- Ensure timely production of management accounts,
- Ensure timely preparation of annual financial reports for auditing and external reporting,
- Ensure proper communication, promotion and business development of the SACCO,
- Undertake Treasury management functions of the SACCO,
- Develop and propose for Board’s approval policies and business plans and budgets,
- Maintain and recommend new financial and other internal controls to safeguard SACCO assets,
- Ensure proper loans/credit management,
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Board.
Qualifications and Experience
He/she must have the following qualifications;
- Possess a Degree in Accountancy / Business Administration/ Economics,
- Have at least 3 years working experience in similar position,
- Knowledge in accounting and banking software will be an added advantage,
- Maturity and high levels of integrity, including ability to build, manage and lead a team,
- Have good report writing and communication skills,
- A good understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS),
- A good understanding of Credit Management best practices,
- A proven experience in Accounting software and spreadsheet packages,
- High level interpersonal skills.
Method of Application
Application letters together with detailed Curriculum Vitae and three traceable referees’, two of which should be from previous and/or current employer(s) must be submitted to the following address by close of business on FRIDAY, 21ST JULY, 2017.
The Chief Executive Officer,
P.O. Box 651,
Comment on advertised Job