Solar is a proven off-grid energy technology in Malawi. However there has been very low penetration of solar in Malawi at a household level. Zuwa Energy is a Malawian company that imports, distribute and sells state of the art solar technology. Through our unique Pay As You Go technology, our customers are able to electrify their homes by paying for their systems in installments for up to 21 months. This can be done via cash or mobile money. The core business of Zuwa Energy is to provide our customers with affordable and clean solar energy to meet their everyday energy needs for household and business needs. We are a social business and as such, our impact is central to our organisation’s purpose.
Do you love technology? Do you believe you can become a part of the team and sell solar? Do you love working with data to make decisions? You can join the team as a Sales and Marketing Assistant. You will report to the Sales and Marketing Manager.
Purpose of the job:
Supporting sales and marketing operations by assisting in developing and implementing marketing strategies, providing administrative, clerical, and customer support, following up with customers, completing orders, and processing sales leads, compiling, formatting, and reporting information.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer telephone calls and address customers’ questions about products or service;
- Promote and sell products and services.
- Interact and develop relationships with existing and potential customers;
- Support company policies and procedures, goals and objectives, and good business practices;
- Market products by developing and implementing marketing and advertising campaigns (including tradeshows, meetings, advertising, etc.)
- Maintaining promotional materials inventory;
- Able to maintain accurate, legible and detailed records of activities.
- Handle orders, complaints, and other inquiries including those directed from Systems Manager.
- Perform data entry when orders are completed or changed including following up on stock levels and stock movement to Agents.
- Process sales data and progress reports.
- Track sales data and turn sales leads into revenue.
- Respond to emails, phone calls, and other forms of correspondence.
- Maintain customer database; preparing data report.
- Arrange and organize events, meetings and conference rooms.
- Coordinate travel arrangements.
- Attend trade shows as needed
- Track sales and marketing expenses;
- Prepare sales reports
- Prepare newsletters, press release, ads, and other marketing events.
- Supports sales and marketing presentations by assembling quotations, proposals, videos, slide shows, demonstration and product capability booklets;
- Prepares mailers and brochures by formatting content and graphics; arranging printing and internet packages.
- Provides sales and marketing tracking and research information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data trends.
- Experience in product and service industry;
- Strong computer and organisations skills;
- Experience using desktop publishing e.g. adobe software;
- Be able to work cross-functionally toward business solutions;
- Proven track record of achievements;
- Innovative with strong project management skills;
- Ability to learn new products and technologies;
- The desire to succeed within a fast growing, small company;
- Problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance
Required Knowledge, and Characteristics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- General Math Skills
- Strong organization skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Office
- Data Entry in Microsoft Excel and Internet Skills
- Have a professional and pleasant phone manner
- Self-starter that is results oriented.
- Atleast Diploma or equivalent qualifications in science, marketing or business studies, or a minimum of two years of related experience or training in solar industry; or the equivalent combination of formal education and experience.
*The above details the general principle functions of the job identified, and shall not be taken as an exhaustive description of all the work required in the job.
Email CV and motivation letter to:
by 15 January, 2018.
Zuwa Energy has a 60:40 women to men recruitment policy. Qualified Women and youths are strongly encouraged to apply
Comment on advertised Job
Employment Type: Full-time
Job deadline: 15th January, 2018
Company: Zuwa Energy Pty Limited
Log in to apply