Solar is a proven off-grid energy technology in Malawi. However there has been very low penetration of solar in Malawi at a household level. Zuwa Energy is a Malawian company that imports, distribute and sells state of the art solar technology. Through our unique Pay As You Go technology, our customers are able to electrify their homes by paying for their systems in installments for up to 21 months. This can be done via cash or mobile money. The core business of Zuwa Energy is to provide our customers with affordable and clean solar energy to meet their everyday energy needs for household and business needs. We are a social business and as such, our impact is central to our organisation’s purpose.
Do you love technology? Do you believe you can become a part of the team and sell solar? Do you love working with data to make decisions? You can join the team as a Sales and Marketing Manager. The S&M Manager will be in charge of the company’s sales and marketing strategies and initiatives. The S&M Manager will work closely with other business units to drive the programs, campaigns and showcases that excite our stakeholders, build our brand and thereby help us achieve our strategic goals.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
To manage the receipt, handling, and escalation of all sales enquiries
- To receive and co-ordinate all sales enquiries in line with the company’s sales processes
- To monitor the status of all live enquiries to ensure all Zuwa and enquirer actions are completed in a timely professional manner and escalated to the CEO when required
- To ensure that all quotes and associated files are linked to an enquiry
- To follow up sales activities with clients & potential clients
- To chase and analyse the reasons for failure to turn an enquiry into a new order
- To monitor company sales KPIs and sales performance
To administer the preparation of quotes
- To credit check all potential new clients prior to completion of a quote
- To liaise with the sales team to capture all necessary information for quotes and to manage the dispatch of quotes to agreed timescales
- To chase outstanding quotes to agreed timescales
To create and implement a Marketing and PR strategy
- Develop a marketing and PR strategy for the company to be approved by the CEO
- Develop a marketing and PR plan to be approved by the CEO for the company based on a rolling 12 month period based on the approved strategy
- Appraise performance against marketing and PR plan on a quarterly basis
- Identify potential areas for marketing opportunities nationally
- Identify areas for PR opportunities nationally
- Create and implement a marketing and PR strategy and plan for specific areas of business as and when launched
To co-ordinate market information on behalf of Zuwa Energy
- Co-ordinate the market and client news in order to produce sales leads, brief staff and have a repository of live information
- Draw insights from research team to inform product development
To produce appropriate marketing collateral as required
- Produce and organise the company’s marketing collateral eg leaflets, banners, flyers, brochures, etc
- Maintain and manage the development of the company’s various websites
- Manage website PPC campaigns
- •Produce a company newsletter and other electronic direct marketing materials when required
To produce appropriate PR collateral as required
- Produce and organise the company’s PR collateral e.g. press releases, articles, podcasts, blog, responses to questions Facebook, website etc
- To manage and develop appropriate forms of social media including (but not limited to) Twitter, Instagram, Linked In, Facebook.
Manage the day to day work of the Sales and Marketing Assistants
- Line manage the Assistants with regards to personnel and HR responsibilities and issues
- Delegate marketing, sales and PR activities to Assistant where appropriate and provide necessary supervision
- Actively encourage the development of the Assistants through feedback and opportunities
Other tasks as required
- Organise and implement all other marketing and PR activities as briefed
- Actively chase new leads as required
- Attend Sales and Marketing meetings
- Attend Operations meeting
- Attend Staff meetings
- Attend Senior Management Meetings including Management Review
- Making hiring and staffing decisions with management with the marketing and sales section.
- Building and developing marketing team that is competent, dedicated, commercially astute and efficient.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Characteristics
- A strong and effective communicator (written and oral) in English and Chichewa
- Ability to think “outside the box” and be creative
- Evidence of highly developed teamwork skills.
- Ability to coordinate the efforts of a diverse team.
- Expertise in social media strategy with a demonstrated track record of delivering results on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media outlets that are significant in company outreach.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in holding conversations with customers, customer evangelism, and customer-focused product development and outreach.
- Experience working in a flexible, employee empowering work environment in a small to medium-sized company. Structured, departmentalized or large company experience may not work here.
- A Business or Marketing degree is essential
Email CV and motivation letter to:
by 15 January, 2018.
Zuwa Energy has a 60:40 women to men recruitment policy. Qualified Women and youths are strongly encouraged to apply
Comment on advertised Job
Employment Type: Full-time
Job deadline: 15th January, 2018
Company: Zuwa Energy Pty Limited
Log in to apply