Banja La Mtsogolo (BLM) is a Malawian Non-Governmental Healthcare Organization established in 1987. BLM provides quality Family Planning and Reproductive Healthcare including HIV/AIDS information and interventions. BLM is a senior member of the Marie Stopes International Partnership which works in 37 countries. BLM exists to improve quality of life in Malawi through family planning and reproductive health care services. BLM serves over 800,000 clients annually and makes a significant contribution to national family planning objectives. The organization has national coverage, operating through 29 clinics. over 460 outreach sites and a network of 47 private franchises. Applications are invited from suitably qualified person to fill the post of Senior Programs Manager existing at the Support Office in Lilongwe.
The Senior Programme Manager is responsible for overall programme /project and financial management support and management, and technical capacity building to individual programme/ project implementation teams. The position supports the achievement of BLM programme goals through project grant coordination; follow up on grant compliance by implementing units; preparation of quality, accurate and timely qualitative and quantitative reports: and resource mobilization.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Project Management:
- Facilitate and manage the design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of grant funded programs/ projects;
- Ensure effective project team structures, clarity of roles and responsibilities among the project teams, and effective coordination and communication between team members;
- Ensure that all the requirements for approved projects are complied with;
- Ensure that all relevant staff are trained on BLM grant management systems, proposal development and report writing:
- Provide training to relevant BLM staff on specific donor requirements, including contract details;
- Collaborate and follow up with project implementing units to ensure quality donor reports are submitted;
- Plan, share and monitor reporting timelines with all relevant parties, ensuring reports are submitted on time;
- Liaise with relevant donors, partners and stakeholders as appropriate;
- Communicate relevant information from donors with regard to the grants to all teams, managers and directors as appropriate;
- Ensure proper documentation of proposals, reports and other relevant data related to the grant activity.
B. Financial Management:
- Utilize financial information to analyse, manage project budgets and reporting requirements;
- Review monthly financial expenditure reports with project leads and initiate corrective action as required;
- Approve budget modifications within authority and prepare requests for revisions to donors;
- Facilitate, with project leads, the timely preparation of project /activity-based costed work plans.
C. Resource Mobilization
- Facilitate strategic planning and new partnerships;
- Keep abreast of the development of national policies, laws, strategic directions and the general situation in the field of Reproductive Health and HIV/AIDS and suggest program adjustments;
- Contribute to the proactive development of new concept papers and project proposals (technical and financial);
- Monitor donor trends and lead on identifying new funding avenues accordingly.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bachelors degree in Management, Finance, Public Health, International Development or related field (Masters degree in a related field preferable);
- At least 5 years directly relevant experience, possibly working in international organizations, NGOs/Multi-lateral or Bi-lateral funding organizations in similar positions;
- Excellent program/project and financial management skills — an ability to work with numbers, spread sheets;
- Excellent leadership and people management skills;
- Excellent English language communication skills (verbal and written);
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Previous exposure to public health service delivery programming (family planning experience highly desirable):
- Monitoring and Evaluation experience;
- Strong work ethic and ability to meet deadlines.
If you are interested and you meet the above requirements, please send your curriculum and cover letter including names and contact details of three traceable referees one of whom should be your current or former employer to:
Head of Human Resources,
Banja La Mtsogolo,
P.O. Box 1854,
to reach him not later than Wednesday 26th July 2017.
Please note that those who already applied do not apply again BLM is an equal opportunities employer. No canvassing of any kind is allowed
Comment on advertised Job
Employment Type: Full-time
Job deadline: 26th July, 2017
Company: Banja La Mtsogolo (BLM)
Log in to apply