Solar is a proven off-grid energy technology in Malawi. However there has been very low penetration of solar in Malawi at a household level. Zuwa Energy is a Malawian company that imports, distribute and sells state of the art solar technology. Through our unique Pay As You Go technology, our customers are able to electrify their homes by paying for their systems in installments for up to 21 months. This can be done via cash or mobile money. The core business of Zuwa Energy is to provide our customers with affordable and clean solar energy to meet their everyday energy needs for household and business needs. We are a social business and as such, our impact is central to our organisation’s purpose.
Do you love technology? Do you believe you can become a part of the team and sell solar? Do you love working with data to make decisions? You can join the team as Systems (Pay As You Go) and Business Development Manager. The PAYG & BD Manager will be in charge of the company’s systems and technology and training. He/She will work closely with other business units to drive the company to meet its business goals.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To manage the Pay As You Go technology that the company uses in its business of selling solar home systems
- To develop training manuals to be used for training all agents and staff
- To ensure that all software updates are made available to all staff and that the relevant staff and all agents are trained and updated on the new updates.
- To actively recruit sales Agents, in liaison with the CEO, across the country
- To train all Sales Agents in using the Mobile App for selling and receiving payments. Always ensuring that our Sales Agents have the most updated App and know how to use the App.
- To maintain cordial relationship with our technology suppliers
- To establish and maintain positive relationship with potential partners locally and internationally.
- Manage and maintain integration of our software with mobile money operators
- In partnership with the S&M Manager, coordinate in developing promotional and marketing materials
- To ensure that all technical queries coming from customers and agents via the website are addressed and or directed to the necessary personnel and followed up.
- To manage an in-house Customer Call Centre Service and ensure that all customer issues are resolved in the shortest time possible.
- To ensure that the office has access to internet 24/7.
- Ensure adequate controls are in place, i.e. policies, procedures
- Other tasks as assigned by the CEO from time to time.
- 2+ years related experience in business information systems management.
- Evidence of strong Leadership and supervisory skills
- Proficient in MS Office, with advanced Power Point skills and intermediate Excel skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience in performing analyses of various company projects and plans, providing alternatives and recommendations
Required Knowledge, and Characteristics
- •Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- •Ability to coordinate the efforts of a diverse, high performance team.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitation and training
- Strong skills in using internet services e.g. cloud based services and social media
- Demonstrated effectiveness in holding conversations with customers, customer evangelism, and customer-focused product development and outreach.
- Experience working in a flexible, employee empowering work environment in a small to medium-sized company. Highly structured, departmentalized or large company experience may not work here.
- Any Degree in any technology related fields like computer science, information systems, information technology or Renewable Energy etc.
*The above details the general principle functions of the job identified, and shall not be taken as an exhaustive description of all the work required in the job.
Email CV and motivation letter to:
by 15 January, 2018.
Zuwa Energy has a 60:40 women to men recruitment policy. Qualified Women and youths are strongly encouraged to apply
Comment on advertised Job
Employment Type: Full-time
Job deadline: 15th January, 2018
Company: Zuwa Energy Pty Limited
Log in to apply