Truck Driver /Grader Operator One Year Renewable Contract
African Parks (AP) is a not-for-profit organization that secures a mandate to conserve through Public-Private Partnerships with Governments and communities for the rehabilitation and long-term management of protected areas in Africa, and here in Malawi, AP has secured this mandate for the management of Majete Wildlife Reserve, Liwonde National Park and Nkhotakota Wildlife Reserve.
An opportunity has arisen for the post of Truck Driver /Grader Operator at Liwonde National Park. The Truck Driver will directly report to the Field & Operations Manager and will be responsible for providing effective transportation facilitation in order to attain the objectives of the Park.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Delivery and pick up of items, documentation ensuring accurate capture of what item / documentation is, who requested the transport of the item, who received the item, and obtaining proper signatures.
- Keeping assigned vehicles free from damage, in acceptable condition, and consistently clean in a manner.
- Ensure that the vehicle is in proper and safe condition prior to use, and accept responsibility to report any damage or mechanical malfunctions that exist.
- Manage various products and merchandise responsibly while in the act of loading, unloading, or transporting items, ensuring that cargo is properly secured to avoid damage.
- Maintain an excellent driving record, meaning that a valid Malawian licence must be presented at the time of employment, and no more than three road traffic violations can exist on an employee’s driving record at any given time.
- Be willing to work on – call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Operate vehicles and equipment safely and responsibly, as assigned.
- Respect and maintain the relationship of trust required to obtain a high level of security access to offices, homes and property of company personnel without supervision.
- Be willing and able to perform tasks without direct supervision that may require physical labour, and possibly the use of hand tools.
- Dress in a fashion that enables the employee to complete the daily tasks, while maintaining a professional and appropriate appearance.
- Transport employees in a safe and responsible manner.
- Responsible for transporting product and various items.
- Carry out all earth moving and grading works in the Park.
- Checking truck and earth moving equipment that are safe to drive or operate.
- Complete all other tasks as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Demonstrate dependability and self – motivation.
- Exhibit leadership skills(primarily when assigned as Team Leader for on – call duties).
- Maintain high level of personal integrity and reliability.
- Maintain good physical condition that will enable driver to stoop, bend, twist and perform other motions, requiring strength and endurance when performing manual labor indoors or outdoors.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Matured and responsible and not above 60 years of age.
- Clean driving license, professional category G and D and good driving record.
- Malawi School Certificate of Education or its equivalent.
How to apply
Applicants should submit their CVs with a covering letter clearly stating how their skills and experience meet the requirements of the position. At least two traceable referees should be included. Applications should be emailed to:
by close of business on 27th July, 2018, Only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.
Comment on advertised Job
Employment Type: Full-time
Job deadline: 27th July, 2018
Company: African Parks (AP)
Log in to apply