POSITION: WASH Officer
POSITION REPORTS TO: WASH Coordinator
POSITION LOCATION: Nchalo – Chikwawa
The WASH Officer ensures that the project meets its goals and targets and operates according to the policy, standards and principles of Habitat for Humanity Malawi.
- Mobilizes and builds the capacity of communities/ institutions to manage WASH projects and other development projects in a socially economically and environmentally sustainable manner.
- Works closely with HFHM partners in assessing WASH needs both at community as well as institutional level.
- Collaborates with respective ministries at district level to ensure their full participation in the project activities
- Facilitates project inception meetings at community level
- Carries out day to day monitoring of the project activities to ensure accurate and timely data collection
- Works in close collaboration with construction supervisors to develop or clarify the specific goals and deliverables for the project.
- Develops and implements plans to achieve the projects goals
- Prepares operational budgets for project activities and ensures good stewardship of finances received.
- Assists with carrying out a Needs Assessment for any upcoming projects
- Carries out health promotion on water sanitation and hygiene both at community as well as at institutional level
- Submits all required reports to the National Office in a timely and accurate manner.
- Represents Habitat for Humanity Malawi to the local community as well as district officials and communicates Habitat’s Christian message.
- Ensures that project goals are met according to budget and time allocations.
- Degree in Public Health, Environmental Health, Rural Community Development or equivalent qualification obtained from reputable institution
- 2 — 5 years working experience in WASH projects,
- Experience in implementing school WASH will have an added advantage
- Some experience in managing teams & coordinating projects
- Good training and facilitation skills
- Good reporting skills
- A good team player
- Good communication skills
- Cultural & gender sensitivity & Adaptability
- Data collection skills
- Skills in basic financial reporting & management
- Willingness to live and work in the community.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications, CVs with three traceable referees and a cover memo to:
The Finance and Administration Manager,
Habitat for Humanity Malawi,
P. O. Box 1638
Application deadline not later than 18 September 2018
Comment on advertised Job
Employment Type: Full-time
Job deadline: 18th September, 2018
Company: Habitat for Humanity Malawi
Log in to apply