Miracle Technical Institute
M.I.R.A.C.LE is a Karonga based Marianist Technical Institute that offers technical skills training as well as commercial courses in Electrical Installation, Textiles and Design, Hotel and Catering (Food n Production), Carpentry and Joinery, Accounting, Business Management, Community Development and ICT. By January 2020, M.I.R.A.C.LE will also start offering a diploma course in Human Resource Management.
The institute invites applications from suitably qualified candidates aged between 30 and 35 years to fill the vacant positions of:
Position: Community Development Instructor
- Applicants must have a minimum of Bachelors degree in Community Development from an accredited institution.
- Those with a teaching qualification and experience will have an added advantage.
- Applicants should also be flexible to teach other disciplines according to their abilities.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities will include the following among others:
- Prepare schemes of work from which to derive lessons.
- Help students learn and understand basic and complex knowledge and skills by breaking the lessons in a way that they are easily understood.
- Teaching and devising best learning approaches for students.
- Participate in all academic and professional activities of the department and Institute.
- Assess and report class performance or progress to the Dean of Studies.
- Maintain a professional, helpful and non-threatening learning environment, actively teaching scheduled curriculum topics to students in both theory and practical lessons.
- Actively engage in students’ learning experience through active instruction.
- Provide a positive role model for students by maintaining high standards of dressing, behaviour and rapport.
Mode of application
Interested and qualified candidates should send application letters including detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and contact details of three traceable referees to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Miracle Technical Institute,
Post Office Box 99,
Or send emails to:
The deadline for receiving applications is 9, December, 2019