Daeyang University is a Christian University registered and accredited by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE). It is founded by the Miracle for Africa Foundation. It is currently offering two programme: BSc (Nursing and Midwifery) and BSc (Information and Communication Technology – ICT). Both programmes are accredited by NCHE. Currently, the University is also working on the establishment of a medical school. The campus is located at Kanengo in Lilongwe within the Daeyang Mission Complex, behind Malawi Institute of Management (MIM) off the M1 road that passes between Kamuzu International Airport and Kanengo Industrial Area.
Daeyang University invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for vacant administrative positions as detailed below. Appointment to positions will be made at a level commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications, experience and publication record.
Vacancy No. 4: PERSONAL ASSISTANT/SECRETARY TO THE VICE CHANCELLOR
To provide comprehensive personal assistant (PA) and secretarial support to the Vice-Chancellor, and facilitate the smooth running of the Vice-Chancellor’s office through performance of the following roles, functions and responsibilities:
Desired attributes and competencies:
• Well developed organisational skills and ability to work on own initiative and make rational, informed decisions.
• Well developed written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to meet the demands of a heavy workload and prioritise demands in order to meet deadlines.
• Ability to deal with confidential information and exercise the utmost discretion when dealing with sensitive organisational information and interactions.
• Ability to multitask effectively to a variety of deadlines.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Positive, enthusiastic, and customer-friendly approach.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should submit their applications quoting the vacancy number for the position being applied for, together with an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) which should include the names, telephone and e-mail contact details of at least three traceable referees, and attach copies of academic and professional qualifications, addressed as follows:
Vacancy No. 4
P.O. Box 30330
Or through e-mail:
Please indicate on the envelope or on the e-mail subject the vacancy number and the position title you are applying for. Those applying for part-time opportunities should clearly indicate so.
Only the shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.